Saturday, January 2, 2010

We made it in 26 hours!

Yes, its exactly what you are thinking. My friend Erik and I drove from Springfield Missouri to Santa Monica California in 26 hours without stopping! I know it sounds a little aggressive and I had totally thought we would stop at the Grand Canyon and make a trip out of the long, long drive out here. However, when we hit Albuquerque we knew we weren't stopping! We arrived in Santa Monica at about 5:30 Pacific time and immediately crashed. I was too excited to sleep and woke up about 5 hours later and went for a run! The sun was out and it was a beautiful day that I had to take advantage of. I went to Whole Foods and explored the 3rd Street Promenade in the afternoon. I couldn't be more thrilled to have a Whole Foods with in walking distance. Heck, I have tons of things within walking distance... Anthropology, Urban Outfitters, Z Gallerie, Pink Berry (this place is AMAZING, I will elaborate later!) and so many more! I spent the rest of the evening unpacking and organizing my corner of the room that my gracious friend Erik has let me take over!

No comments:

Post a Comment